Citrus Bowl is an annual bowl game that is a part of the 2023 FBS football season. The match will feature the clash of number 22 team Kentucky Wildcats and number 15 team Iowa Hawkeyes. The game will be fascinating as this will be the match of the year 2023 and will be telecasted live through the ABC sports channel. Fans are already excited for this upcoming match, and about 65000 fans will witness this event in Camping World Stadium, Orlando, Florida. If you are excited about this match and want to have more information, prediction, team gameplay, and key players, we are here at your service and will guide you towards the complete details of the match.
What Is a Citrus Bowl?
The citrus bowl is a national college bowl game organized every year by Florida Citrus Sports. Florida Citrus Sports is also responsible for organizing another Florida-based bowl event Cheez-It Bowl. Citrus Bowl has been played in Florida since 1947 and was first classified as Tangerine Bowl before being named Citrus Bowl in 1983. The upcoming match is the 76th edition of Citrus Bowl and will be played in Camping World Stadium, Orlando, in Florida. The 2023 Citrus Bowl is sponsored by Vrbo, a rental marketplace for vacations. Regarding its sponsors, the game is officially known as Vrbo Citrus Bowl.
Teams Selection For Match
Citrus Bowl will be history as it is the first time the Southeastern Conference (SEC) and Big Ten Conference team will face each other. Kentucky Wildcats of the SEC and Iowa Hawkeyes of the Big Ten Conference will play against each other on 1st January 2023. The teams were invited to play on 5th December and they both accepted.
Kentucky Wildcats have put together a good game this season, producing the score of 9 wins out of the total 12 matches they played. Mark Stoops has coached the team. The primary gameplay strategy of Kentucky Wildcats is based on an offense that stands first in SEC and the fourth in the United States. The key players of Kentucky wildcats include Will Levis and Wan’Dale Robinson, who both have taken their spot in the team in 2023 and have proved to be elite offensive players for the Wildcats. Chris Rodriguez Jr. is their primary offensive weapon with a 1272 yards great rush offense.
Other than forcing the turnovers, their defense is also good. Josh Paschal has managed to counter 15 tackles for just a single miss, and Jacquez Jones has an astonishing score of 82 tackles. The stats of the Kentucky wildcats this season are:
- Average point score of 33.3
- Average allowed points of 22.1
- Average total offense of 430.2 yards per game
- The standard allowed offense of 337.1 yards per game
- Nine takeaways with a loss of 20 giveaways.
The Iowa Hawkeyes also had an excellent scoreboard with ten victories out of 13 matches they played. Kirk Ferentz is the head coach of the Iowa Hawkeyes. The offensive line of the Iowa Hawkeyes is just average. They stand number 10 in the offensive ranking of B1G. The team has an average score of 297.7 yards per game. The offensive play of Iowa Hawkeyes was mainly dependent upon Tyler Goodson, who has decided to opt-out, which is a significant drawback before the start. The team is much stronger from the defensive gameplay and has allowed only 19.2 points per game. However, their best strategy is turnover which is among the best. Iowa Hawkeyes have 24 successful interceptions this year in NCAA and 29 overall, making them the third-best team in turnover. Dane Belton is the primary weapon in their arsenal, forcing five interceptions. Riley Moss and Jack Campbell have also proved to be good defenders this season. the stats of the Kentucky wildcats this season are:
- Average point score of 23.9
- Average allowed points of 19.2
- Average total offense of 297.5 yards per game
- The standard allowed offense of 326.9 yards per game
- Twenty-nine takeaways with a loss of 16 giveaways.
Live Stream Of Match
The match would be telecasted live on ABC from the Camping World Stadium, Orlando, Florida, on 1st January 2023 at 1.00 p.m eastern time. If you do not have access to the cable TV network. Do not worry because we will guide you to watch the match live without having cable TV. Many live stream platforms offer their services in return for easy payment. To watch ABC, you can choose from:
- Fubo TV: ABC is available to watch by the subscription of Fubo TV, which gives you access to more than 100 channels. Fubo TV is compatible to run on all smart devices and iOS and also supports Roku, Chromecast, and Amazon Fire TV. You can also have three simultaneous streams from the same account from different devices. All these benefits come in just the payment of $64.99 per month.
- Sling TV: You can also watch ABC streams live on Sling TV with the subscription for their Orange Plan. This will give you access to more than 30 channels for a price of $35 per month. Sling TV is playable on all the major iOS and Android devices, including Android and Apple TV. The simultaneous stream of the orange plan is not too good, with only one allowed stream at a time.
- Hulu TV: Hulu is probably the best platform to watch ABC. ABC channel is available on their Hulu with Live TV plan, which will make you eligible to access 75 tracks in just the price tag of $64.99 per month. It is supported on all the major devices and supports Apple TV, Chromecast TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV. it also allows you to have three simultaneous streams, which can be upgraded to unlimited screens from a single IP address is just an extra payment of $14.99 per month
- Youtube TV: if none of the services can provide ABC in your area, you should give Youtube TV a chance. It is the best platform for ABC and other local channels in your area. Youtube TV is available to subscribe to for just $64.99 per month, and this will give you access to more than 85 channels. Youtube TV is available on all the major platforms like android and iOS and is also compatible with Chromecast, Roku, and Amazon Fire TV. it also provides you with three simultaneous streams
The match between Kentucky Wildcats and Iowa Hawkeyes is scheduled for 1st January 2023 and will be the first match of 2023. This match will be the first clash of Kentucky Wildcats and Iowa Hawkeyes, and the fans are so excited about this upcoming match. The game would be telecasted live through ABC at 1.00 p.m eastern time from Camping World Stadium in Orlando, Florida.